Known to be one of the safest and most reliable means of fund transfer used in the United States, the ACH (aka Automated Clearing House) Payments allows US merchants to accept payments within the same day; directly from their customer’s bank account.
We integrated our plugin with Plaid because of two reasons:
- Plaid works with Stripe.
- It provides validation of your customer’s banking information in real-time.
So in order to use this gateway, you need to have a Plaid account. (If you don’t have one, click here to sign up).
Once you sign up, you will receive a mail with a confirmation link. Click on that link and you will be taken to the Plaid dashboard. Now follow these steps to integrate the gateway.
1. Go to Team Settings and click the Keys option.
2. Once you are on the Keys page, copy these keys (client_id, public_key, and secrets) and paste them in the plugin’s ACH Payments tab.
3. Click Save changes.
You have successfully configured the Plaid integration on your site. Now to complete this integration, you need to enable ACH Payments on your Stripe dashboard.
- Login to Stripe.
- Go to the Payments Section.
- Activate the ACH Credit Transfer option.
Once you have activated ACH Payments in Stripe, you must test the integration on your site.
Just like the other tests, enable the test mode on the Plugin’s API settings page.
You can use these credentials while you are testing ACH Payments.
After you have tested your integration, make sure to apply for a Plaid production account.